Rev. Fr. Emmanuel M.P. Edeh commonly known as Father Edeh is a catholic priest of the Holy Ghost congregation born 20 May 1947 in Akpugo, Enugu State, Nigeria. He obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity (B.D.) from the Bigard Memorial Seminary an affiliate of Pontifical Urban University, Rome in 1976. He pursued and earned a Bachelor of Arts (BA), a Master of Arts (MA), and a PhD in Philosophy from De Paul University Illinois, USA. He also obtained a professional certificate in Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), from Loyola University Medical Center. Fr. Edeh is the founder of the Centre for Peace, Justice and Reconciliation; an organization that is working towards peaceful eradication of terrorism and violent extremism. He is also the priest in charge of the Pilgrimage Centre of Eucharistic Adoration,the Sisters of Jesus the Saviour,the Fathers of Jesus the Saviour, the Contemplatives of Jesus the Saviour (monks),the contemplatives of Jesus the Saviour(nuns), Madonna University Nigeria, Caritas University, OSISATECH Polytechnic, OSISATECH College of Education, Madonna International Charity Peace Award (MICPA) foundation, Museum of Charms (voodoos) and Fetish Objects and Healthcare Institutions. Following his calling Fr. Edeh, has advocated for the less privileged in the society as well as promoted peaceful conflict resolution in his native country of Nigeria. His religious congregations also run clinics and homes for the orphans, the sick, the disabled, and the mentally ill. They also run soup kitchens, schools, conflict resolution and counselling programs.
Since 1985, starting from helping the war victims from the civil war in Nigeria, Fr. Edeh, has been involved in the social uplift and rehabilitation of victims from various terrorists and environmental disasters. In the past thirty years his support and rehabilitation works and network has grown globally starting from Nigeria, to the Norwegian Red Cross, UNICEF and Syrian War Refugees to just name a few. Empowering young girls to become stronger and redirecting their experiences of terrorism into positive activities and providing them education is another major work of Fr. Edeh. His rehabilitation, education and positive empowerment of the youths have resulted in cutting the supply chain of the Boko Haram terrorist group, which is a huge step towards bringing peace in the African continent.
Fr. Edeh is also an educator, pioneering private school education in Nigeria, where he founded and oversees several educational institutions (from basic to university level) with emphasis on education for the disabled and Girl Child Education. His works and achievements are summarized in his mission of practical and effective charity developed from his personal prayers and devotion to the transformation of the lives of the sick, the suffering, the handicapped, the abjectly poor, the abandoned; and troubled youths of the society.
Fr. Edeh also articulated African Philosophy through his book 'Igbo Metaphysics' that man is "mmadi"; “good that is” having being created and cared for by God, every man deserves to be respected and diginified. Thus, it is the duty of man to reciprocate that care from God by caring for his fellow man without dehumanizing him or her. His style of charity work, exemplifies the practical manifestation of God’s care for humanity through man.
Publications and Books Titles by Rev. Fr. Emmanuel M.P. Edeh
* Edeh's Charity Peace Model (ECPM)
* Igbo Metaphysics: The First Articulation of African Philosophy of Being
* Peace to the Modern World
* Towards an Igbo Metaphysics
* Academic Influence in African Development : How African Philosophy is affecting university education (co-authored with Peter O. Amah)
* The Foundation of African Philosophy (co-authored with Peter O. Amah)
* Authentic Catholic Theology - Articulated through African philosophy
* The Church of Jesus the Saviour in Africa (vol. 1 & 2)
* Jesus the Saviour in our midst
* God The Father - the beginning and the end
Some publications about Rev. Fr. Emmanuel M.P. Edeh
* Peace in Pieces - Empowering the world through the Edeh's Mma-di Peace Model by Dr. Peter Amah
* SuperServant Leader by Peter O. Amah (Ph.D)
* Aspects of Edeh's Philosophy by Ezechi Chukwu (Ph.D)
* Towards the realization of world peace by Sr. Dr. P. Egbekpalu
* Biodata of a Legend of our time by Fr. J.S Ezenwajiaku
* The Works of Father Edeh: hope for a peaceful continent by Pierpaolo Cioeta
* Achieving Millennium Development Goals through Edeh's Philosophy & activities by Prof. J. Eneh
* Human Empowerment Towards Peace by Prof. J.O Eneh (Ph.D)
* Man & Peace by Prof. R. Onyewuenyi (Ph.D)
* Servant-Leader Emmanuel M.P. Edeh - An Inspiration in Youth Empowerment & Poverty Alleviation , the Nigerian Experience by Prof. R. Onyewuenyi (Ph.D)